Chocolate Crinkles are one of my favorite cookies, especially this time of year. My sons are taking cookies to our local fire stations with their 4H club tonight. These Chocolate Crinkles will be one of many cookies on the Christmas trays. Merry Christmas to our firemen – thank you for all you do for our communities.
Your Favorite Chick from the North – Jill
- vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
- chocolate - 4 oz., unsweetened, melted
- sugar - 2 cups
- eggs - 4
- vanilla - 2 teaspoons
- flour - 2 cups
- baking powder - 2 teaspoons
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- In mixing bowl, mix oil and sugar . Add one egg at a time until well mixed. Add vanilla and mix till smooth.
- In separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients flour, baking powder and salt. Add to sugar mixture and mix till all is incorporated. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven 350. Scoop dough into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place about 2 " apart on greased baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 min. Do not over bake