Ask my kids – These cookies are amazing! I took our Two Chicks from the Sticks Trailside Oatmeal Treat recipe and used M&Ms in place of the chocolate chips (because I didn’t have any). As I was making them I thought these would make great tailgating treats. We are going to the big Iowa State football game this weekend so I think I’ll make these again and use red and yellow M&Ms. Show your school spirit and make these with the colors that represent the colors of your school. So Cyclones!
Your favorite chick from the North - Jill
- all-purpose flour - 1 3/4 cups
- baking soda - 1 teaspoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- butter - 1/2 cup
- chunky peanut butter - 1/2 cup
- sugar - 1 cup
- light brown sugar - 1 cup, packed
- eggs - 2
- vanilla - 1 teaspoon
- milk - 1/4 cup
- quick-cooking oatmeal - 2 1/2 cups
- chocolate chips or M&Ms - 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease baking sheets; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition.
- Using a sturdy wooden spoon stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips or M&M's by hand.
- Drop tablespoon-size mounds of dough 2-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool on sheet pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies