Not much really. But I know that I love this Tres Leche Cake and what better day to make, eat and have a reason to celebrate. This white cake is so moist with an added layer of sweet milk and topped with fresh whipped cream- what is not to love. I highly recommend not drinking too many margaritas today so that you can truly enjoy the sweet flavor of this cake.
Let’ s celebra! (Let’s Celebrate!) - Your Favorite Chick from the North – Jill
Tres Leche Cake
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup half & half
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and slat together and set aside.
- Cream butter and the 1 cup sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool.
- Pierce cake several times with a fork.
- Combine the half & half, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the liquid soak into cake.
- Whip whipping cream, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Be sure and keep cake refrigerated, enjoy!