If you own one of the Two Chicks from the Sticks t-shirts, you may recognize one of our favorite sayings – “Bake it, don’t fake it.” There’s one more saying you may not be so familiar with – “Bake it, don’t fake it, but fake it till you can make it.”
With that saying in mind, I’ll give you a fantastic “Fake it” option for a super rich, time saving and just as good as from scratch brownie – Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Chip Brownie Mix and Ghirardelli Double Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix. Ghirardelli is the only mix I will put my stamp of approval on.
I fell in love with Ghirardelli chocolate when I first visited San Francisco over ten years ago. About five years ago, I was lucky enough to work for another San Francisco based company that had its main bakery within walking distance of Ghirardelli Square. Whenever I deemed myself deserving, I would walk on over to their flagship store and have some of their world famous chocolate.
Ghirardelli has made its way into grocery stores across the country in many forms: baking chips, ground cocoa and brownie mixes.
I took my favorite two mixes and added a few twists. First, I made Triple Chocolate Brownie Bites. Very easy to do and a great option for the individual who is in a time crunch. Second, Smores Brownie Bites. This time I took the brownie mix and added a crushed graham crackers, toasted marshmallows, and chocolate frosting. Both options are out of the this world.
Don’t worry, we will continue to bake from scratch. But the next time you are in a time crunch, reach for our favorite brownie mix to get you to the party on time.
Your favorite Chick from the South - Jamie
Ghirardelli Brownie Bites
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray mini muffin pan/s with baking non-stick spray. You should be able to make 36 mini brownies, if you don’t lick the spoon too much.
- Prepare Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix or Double Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix as directed on package.
- Using a #40 scoop, transfer batter to mini muffin tin/s. Fill tins only 3/4 high.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. (Do not overbake!)
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Using a knife, gently release brownie bites from the pan/s.
Makes 36 brownie bites
Smore Brownie Bites
- Repeat steps 1 thru 5 from above.
- 6. Turn oven to broiler.
- 7. Place 2 or 3 miniture marshmallows on each brownie bite. Return to the oven on the 2nd from the top baking rack. Let the marshmallows sit under the broiler for one minute or until they are just soft and slightly browned.
- 8. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle crushed graham crackers over the hot marshmallows. You may have to gently press the graham cracker crumbs into the brownies to hold them into place.
- 9. Set brownies aside and prepare chocolate frosting
3 Tablespoons butter
2-3 Tablespoons milk
2 1/2 Tablespoons Cocoa powder
Dash of salt
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1. To prepare frosting, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, milk, cocoa. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Cook mixture for approximately 20-30 seconds or until it starts to thicken. Remove mixture from heat and add salt and powdered sugar. With hand mixer or a good old fashion whisk, mix until combined.
2. Using a metal spoon, immediately pour one small tablespoon over each brownie bite.
3. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Makes 36 Smore Brownie Bites