Gender Reveal parties are becoming all the rage. It’s a really cool way for expecting parents to find out what sex they are having by cutting into a cake to see the inside color, share their news with family and friends, and then eating it – of course!
The cake is simple to make, add pink or blue food coloring to the cake batter, bake the cake as directed and decorate the outside with a combination of pink and blue accents and whola. And finally, gather everyone around the table – drum roll – cut the cake to find out the sex of the baby. How fun is that?
The truly exciting thing for me was that I was one of the first to know the sex of the baby. And if you know the Two Chicks the perfect celebration always involves cake. Ha!Ha!
SO, what sex is Ashley and Wade Conover going to have..
It’s PINK! It’s a GIRL! Congrats!
Your favorite Chick from the North – Jill
The cake pictured is a 10" three layer square cake. It takes one white cake recipe for each layer.
- White Cake Recipe ( I used the white cake from Two Chicks from the Sticks Cookbook) - 3 recipes or boxes white cake mix
- Butter Cream Frosting
- Butter, room temperature - 2 cups
- Powdered suger - 6 cups
- Vanilla - 2 teaspoons
- Whole Milk - 2 - 4 tablespoons
- White Duff Goldman - 1 - 32 oz. container
- Pink Duff Goldman - 1 - 8 oz. container
- Blue Duff Goldman - 1- 8 oz. container
- Prepare cake pans, by greasing, flour and line bottom with wax paper
- Make white cake as directed. Add food coloring to the batter to the desired color.
- Bake as directed on recipe or cake mix. Cool cakes for 2 minutes and then remove from pan.
- While cakes are baking, prepare buttercream frosting. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Beat til creamy and smooth.
- Once cakes are cooled, cut off the top of the cakes so that they are uniform in size and are flat on top. Take first layer and place on top of cake plate and frost top with buttercream frosting. Add second layer and frost top. Finally add third layer and frost top and sides with a thin layer of frosting.
- Decorate with fondant or more buttercream frosting. HAVE FUN!