This month we picked a Chocolate Cream pie with Andes Chocolate Mints crumbled on top. We took The Two Chicks Chocolate Whipped Cream pie as a base and gave it a holiday twist by adding Andes Mints and a chocolate graham cracker crust vs. the traditional pie crust. A very fun and yummy dessert to serve this holiday season. Give it a TRY!!
Your Favorite Chick from the North – Jill
- Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust (9
- graham crackers - chocolate, 1 sleeve (9 whole approx.)
- sugar - 1/4 cup
- butter or margarine - 1/4 cup,
- sugar - 2/3 cup
- cornstarch - 3 tablespoons
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- chocolate chips - semi sweet, 3 oz.
- cocoa - 2 tablespoons
- milk - 3 cups
- egg yolks - 3, beaten
- butter - 2 tablespoons
- vanilla - teaspoon
- whipping cream - 2 cups
- sugar - 1/4 cup
- vanilla - 1 teaspoon
- Andes Chocolate shavings - (optional)
- To make crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place graham crackers in food processor, and begin pulsing, while grinding crackers pour in sugar and melted butter. Mix well till all crumbs are moistened with the butter. Press the crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate, evenly covering the bottom and sides of the plate. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes. Let cool completely before adding filling.
- To make filling: In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt. Mix well. Gradually add milk, whisking until smooth. Cooking and stirring constantly over medium-high heat, bring mixture to boiling to start to thicken. Once pudding is thick temper egg yolks by pouring 1/4 cup pudding into the bowl of egg yolks, adding 1/4 cup at a time til eggs are tempered. Add egg mixture back into pudding and continue to cook til thicken. Take off heat and add semi sweet chocolate, butter and vanilla. Stir til smooth. Set aside and cool with plastic wrap on top of pudding to avoid a film to form on top of pudding.
- To make topping: In mixing bowl, mix on high whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla till peaks forms. Place in refrigerator til ready to assemble.
- To assemble pie: Pour chocolate mixture into pie shell and spread evenly. Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with Andes Mint Crumbles. Refrigerate pie until serving time.