The busy Easter week has started and I needed a last minute treat for an event. My love of chocolate and peanut butter made my decision easy – Reece’s Peanut Butter Eggs in a Nest. The nest is my favorite Peanut Butter Bar recipe, minus the frosting.
This 2 bite treat takes less than 45 minutes to make start to finish. Be careful to not overbake them; they take 9-10 minutes in the oven.
Your favorite Chick from the South – Jamie
A quick and sure to please two bite treat for the Easter holiday.
- all-purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- baking soda - 1 teaspoon
- butter, room temp - 1/2 cup
- creamy peanut butter - 1/2 cup
- light brown sugar - 1 cup
- egg - 1
- vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
- rolled oats - 1/2 cup
- Reece's Peanut Butter Eggs, wrappers removed - 30 each
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Set aside ungreased, mini muffin pans - 30 holes needed.
- Sift together baking soda, salt and flour; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Mix in the brown sugar, then the egg, followed by the vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture to the cream mixture and beat together until it is just combined. Finish by mixing the oatmeal into the batter by hand.
- With a #20 scoop or 2 spoons, drop out 30 walnut sized cookie balls into the mini muffin tins. (Do not press them in.) Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from the oven when they are slightly browned. Immediately press the Reece's chocolate peanut butter eggs into the center of the cookies. Let cookies cool in the pan for 10 minutes.